Welcome to the Queen Krishan Konna of Bangladesh.

Welcome to the Queen Krishan Konna of Bangladesh.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

'Amader Prio Shilpi SM Sultna' (Our Beloved Artist SM Sultan of Narail.)


Rahila Khanum
Ministry of Agriculture
After a long time I write our SM Sultan that did not thought ever. Now my looking SM Sultan who  sometimes of my student life became to see many years past. I never thought that he one day to become a honorable artist or to be our pride of Narail. At that day in 1985 to met him when we come back from our ‘8th Natioal Science fare-1985’ at Narail Victoria College. My sir and his conversation and we(sirs daughter, my class mate) was standing beside. In 1986 was celebrating for full of Century of our Narail Victoria College, at last I saw him there. No more see him ever.
After that I came to Dhaka and living permanently in 1986. All of memory of Narail had hidden the covered of the screen. For that my struggle life I forgot to  all of my memory of Narail. I already forgot my lot of memories enriched of my village of Vokhali and shodor hospital of Narail where I always moving and playing. Forgot my  dear school Ship Shankor girls school and beside Jamider Bari, back side of the school Kul trees, Badha ghat and our artist SM Sultan. But not forgot, only no upgrade, no time of my life. When that time came then I am disability listed.
To day SM Sultan is famous of our country and whole of the World. Now I recall once our senior assistant secretary Shadik sir ( now Additional secretary, Ministry of Establishment)  said, ‘’Rahila any cost please collect me a sketch of SM Sultan.’’ But I could not nothing for him. Only from distance I heard that now his birthday or death anniversary.
Last year April/2009 when Ex. Ambassador Wali-ur Rahman sir and me conversation for long day, then once I entered his heritage Foundation and no any sketch of our beloved artist. Then I so distressed and written to sir, then he wrote to me.
to see Sultan's works plz visit www.bhf-bd.org then Dali and Others then gallery, then you can find a masterpiece by SM Sultan. He was a story teller of the peasent & working class of our society. This master artist died in 1994. Now his art looks very expensive. Water color full sheet size more than 7000 USD, oil painting around 35000 USD.
We organized this show as a tribute to our mother langauge. Many artists participated in this unique show of fine art. We have published a nice art catalogue too, where you can find the art-works available in the website. Its surprising that you couldn't see Sultan's art there. But its there, plz browse with patience.
If you really like Sultan's work, I will arrange one piece for you. But this is really expensive. Everyday, price is increasing. So, think before you collect.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Best wishes, Wali
Appril 09,2009.
At that day I was so pleased and to wrote a article for him –‘ Sometimes with artist Mostofa Aziz and our beloved artist SM Sultan “  from memories page only. (Mostofa Aziz was poet Golam Mostofa’s son and famous artist Mostofa Monoar’s brother) . Then sir so much pleased and reply me-
Hello, thanks for the write up. Its really nice to have your article on SM Sultan. In heritage website, you may find SM Sultan image. plz check carefully in the gallery page.
I came to know that you are from the same part of Bangladesh where I was born and brought up. I stayed in the SDO Bunglow in Narail in 1967, when I started my career in the Pakistan foreign service.
Mostufa Monwar and Mostufa Aziz are two brothers. Aziz died two years back. He was famous for his sketches. Monwar is my soulmate, we meet in different occasions.
Sultan was a real son of the soil.I have in my collection one big painting of this maestro. He died in 1994.Through this article I came to know partly about me. May I give you my personal phone number?

best, Wali
Appril 13,2009.
This is our SM Sultan of my life. A lots of country or aboard comes to see the Shongro Shala of SM Sultan but I could not see that was only my misery. So once afternoor in 5 November/08, I went to out my memories enriched area lonely. To out of the road to took the riksha and through gone to the Museum of SM Sultan. After so long time in here become many chaged and to created a new building a lots of. All understand to seen the name plate beside the road. My feelings was so good. Once I enter the Shongro Shala. First I come here. I recall once he was living here a lot of snakes, Beji, birds and others always drawing a lot of sketches in here.  Today big building and a lot of flowers around here. To going forward and to see his dreamer ‘ Golden Heaven (Shonar Shorgo) has disply behind. Then the time was 5-00 pm, so museum off. So no seen museum and came back our house. Althought care taker Golap Miah insist to me for look at. I did not look at that because no my two sons with me and no any camera with me at that day.

We are looking Golden Heaven
but outside that displayed

My younger son Rafsan and me

After one month we went to Narail for some programme. Then I went the Museum with my two sons in 3rd January/09. But so miserable incident that no care taker Golap Miah. He was then the Academy of Arts. . Then called to him by phone. By this time we were time passed to see the garden and captured some picture.

Schwan and Rafsan
 After sometimes he come back and open the lock of the Museum.  We enter the Museum. Just first time I was looking at his precious arts. To looking at and in my thought that how to do impossible that ? that’s is God gifted. Who comes ones and to kept their achievement of the world. Only thought as like as poet, Writer, Literature to kept their great sign Just as like as Artist same also. In everything display a living feature. that s a art who always possible that person only. Every body no gained that. they are rare. Althought I don’t know any name of arts. But to looking at minutely  then and thinking how many days to created it ?
This is Golden Heaven that
created by Ex. President Ershad
SM Sultan Museum at Narail

But at that days observation that’s so difficult only sitting this dark place to create them. But no astonished that if I thought how to created Gitangoli by Rabindronath thakur. This is God gifted. So now should so honored this great artists all sided. Who come anyway, any   sector who are always so Great. This name is culture. Until the peoples of this world, till now wil stay our culture. Where is so much culture that’s nation is so develop that I knwo. I know only from my struggle life and now observation that we  are now as like as machine, so no time anything read, looking and observing. Just for only thing till now no seen our SM Sultan
Krishan konna is looking
minutely the arts of SM Sultan
 



Krishan konna is looking
minutely the arts of SM Sultan


He always dreamt that his Golden Heaven where he was sitting and drawing the art of children. But once I knew from my brother that our ex. Presindent General Hossain Mh. Ershad fill up his dream. Today I observed that. For this we are so grateful to our honorable ex. Presindent Ershad. I hats off..
But a thing that hurt me so much that so shameful of us. Our SM Sultan so much honorable and his sketch is so valuable. Price 350000 dolar that our ex. Ambassador Waliur Rahman sir wanted to me. But this whole Museum is always look after only one person care taker Golap Miah from morning  till evening . Even he work excess of Academy of Arts. But how possible ? After that his salary is so low ? in reference- then I went my Dc Sir at Narail and told him, please increasing the salary of Golap Miah. In our Dhaka a maid servent salary is minimum 1000/-taka. But that’s inhumanity. DC sir said if fund create, I said, of course will create and give him proper salary.

 ''Sultan was a real son of the soil. He was a story teller of the peasent & working class of our society.'' As like as Ambassador Waliur Rahman always in our mind that. As it were no only his birth day and death aniversay no celebrating. Everyday is as it were Sultan fare of our life and his yard as it were full of human sign. Whole children as it were bloming to see the Golden Heaven. Each children will be created individually  as like as a SM Sultan in their mind. After that I am telling to all of my friends of my country and of the world please once moving our beloved SM Sultan Museum. Where preservation his precious arts and dreamer Golden Heaven. In there to getting the orginal mother and of the soil. Feelings good .
This our our care taker Golap Mia. At that time his salary only 600/-(six hundred taka) who always look after of our beloved Sultan's precious whole yard and Museum. But before few months I communicate him and to knew that his salary some increasing. This is our needy, poor peoples of Narail and thats our honorable all of high society who loved our SM Sultan. My hats off Golap Mia.



1 comment:

  1. I recall many years ago once our Artist Mostofa Aziz at Jhenidah boys schools art exibition in 1982 may be. He said to me,' whats your name ? I said, ' Laila pervin (my college nick name), then said, 'say, what is famous poet or artist ? then I said that Artist. But now if anyone says to me whats the famous ? Of course I say that the Writer. I recall also once I said to our Ambassador Wali-ur Rahman that if our SM Sultan who is always staying in the dark garden and in the soil where was a lots of snakes, Beji, birds and hot not. Now he is the precious of yours. So why not valualbe of Bangali as like as me that created of the ideal of Brhamn Shuresh Chondro Mukharji ?

    I also recall after back from Narail, then I wrote a lots of prayer of our PM Sheikh Hasina and said that once our Presindent H.M. Ershad created our Sultan's dreamer Golden Heaven. now you help me create my Rahila Disability Foundation. Today seen thats Golden Heaven is now damaged but my RPF always living that always attached our poor, needy and helpless peoples of the world thats living.

    ReplyDelete